Hybrid Vehicles: For A Greener Future
Eco-friendly technology has evolved over the years. It is estimated that by the year 2050, all kinds of gasoline-run cars will be replaced by hybrid cars. The hybrid vehicles get thrice as many miles as compared normal combustion vehicles. The exact environmental impact of these vehicles is hard to determine since they are relatively new in the market. There are some questions that arise due to the creation of these vehicles.
What Happens At The End Of The Lifecycle Of A Battery?
As the number of electric cars will increase, the number of electric motors will increase. As a result battery waste will increase causing a widespread threat to the environment.
What Are The Positive Impacts Of Hybrid Vehicles?
- Environmentally Friendly: Hybrid Vehicles have better gas mileage which makes it environmentally friendly. These vehicles have twin-powered engines. As a result, they require less energy and less fuel.
- Less Dependence On Fossil Fuels: Less emission means less dependence on fossil fuels. This in turn reduces the price of gasoline in the market and emission of greenhouse gases is minimised.
- Regenerative Braking System: The brakes of these cars have a regenerative braking system. This eliminates the time required to recharge the battery periodically.
- Constructed With Light Materials: Hybrid vehicles are manufactured from weight-saving materials. This reduces the weight of the car by a significant amount. The engine consumes less power. In fact, pollution levels decrease due to this.
- Resale Value: As the market value of gasoline is going high, the demand for green vehicles are increasing. In the future, the prices of fuel will be unreasonable. People will turn towards these vehicles. The market for these cars will increase. As a result, the previous versions of these cars will be sold at higher prices.
- Financial Benefits: Financial institutions offer various schemes and discounts on the purchase of these hybrid vehicles. Likewise, normal consumers are therefore able to purchase such cars. People are provided subsidies by the government if they purchase such cars.
Do Hybrid Vehicles Have Any Negative Impacts?
There are quite a few downsides of hybrid cars which are listed below:
- Less Power: Speed and acceleration is not exactly the forte of these cars. Hybrid vehicles engines contain less horsepower. Their acceleration is not as fast as gasoline powered cars.
- Expensive: Hybrid vehicles have a higher price tag than normal petrol cars. These vehicles cost around $5000 to $10000. In addition to that, there are other miscellaneous expenses. For example road tax, insurance, etc.
- Maintenance Cost: Continuous improvement in technology can result in higher maintenance cost. Furthermore, it is particularly difficult to find a mechanic having knowledge about such technology. These cars can cause problems anytime as they are new in the market. People should be aware of such extra costs.
- Presence Of High Voltage Batteries: The batteries used in hybrid vehicles can prove lethal if not handled properly. Accidents may be fatal in these vehicles. There can be chances of electric shock or fire. Consequently, buyers need to be aware of such possibilities. Companies need to educate the buyers of such chances.
These vehicles use a bunch of powerful batteries. The extra weight can cause fuel inefficiency. These vehicles produce fewer gas emissions. Energy conservation system for these batteries is in the development process. People will have to use carbon batteries in their car for the foreseeable future.