A Hybrid car is the way to go for energy-efficient pollutants free environment. Petrol and diesel-powered vehicles are the things of the past. They are not only super-efficient, but there are tons of features which makes hybrid cars a better choice than the competition. But everything has got a downside but still better than the counterpart, so here we list certain advantages and disadvantages which will help you in your decision making the process.
Pros On Hybrid Car:
1. The engines are comparatively smaller as it is not the only power source which runs the car, combine it with the power of gasoline and efficiency will be on your doorstep.
2. Hybrid vehicles are lightweight due to their building materials. The lightweight materials and smoother designs help in the overall running of the cars. The total mileage gets improved. The aerodynamics get enhanced. And apart from all they don’t consume much energy due to its lightweight structure.
3. The capture of brake energy is an efficient way to utilize the energy which is not used in its counterpart. The brake energy is converted and stored, and then it is used to power other parts of the car. It decreases the use of brake fluids which make the brakes durable.
4. Subsidies from the government help in the overall buying mood of the consumer. As it is more environment-friendly, the government is providing incentives or some discounts to the consumers.
5. Less air pollution compares to other modes. Electricity gives nil emissions, and gasoline produces minimal pollutants which increase the quality of air.
6. Less dependency on nonrenewable energy will help future generations to see the earth in a greener and beautiful way.
7. the most important is the resale value. As there is demand, there should be a rise in prices. The resale value will be quite a bit more than its petrol or diesel competitor.
Cons Of Hybrid Cars:
1. Quantity over quality is one of the drawbacks that I would like to tell. These cars are built for fuel efficiency, which is quite handsome. Not that it is terrible; it is good but comparatively lesser than its counterpart. To me, efficiency is better.
2. Huge price over counterpart as it is costly to put two technologies in a single machine but as you know the government-subsidized it, so it’s not a con.
3. Higher prices usually result in higher maintenance cost. Hybrid cars have high maintenance. Therefore, you need unique mechanics for its repairs along with special equipment. But as it is a car of the future this con will not be a problem due to its colossal demand-supply will be there.