Electric cars are the rage at the moment, and more people are opting for them. If you’re thinking of investing in one, you’d need to know what you’re looking for in terms of features, specifications, accessories, fuel consumption, maintenance costs, etc. In this article, we’ll try to put all the recent hype into a real perspective.
New Electric Cars
So, what are the biggest advantages of upcoming electric cars? The three most important ones are better mileage, lower fuel consumption, and improved safety. Let’s take a look at each of these, and some of the major benefits of new electric cars to you.
- Battery-based electric mobility: Battery-based electric mobility is set to be the first production version of electric mobility by the turn of the century. It has the potential to offer twice as much power as that of a standard car. As such, it will enable drivers to cover twice the distance as that of a standard car, and it could go up to 300 miles on a single charge.
- Improved safety: As mentioned above, battery-based vehicles are set to be the first production version of electric vehicles by the turn of the century. This means they will feature better crash protection, higher passenger safety standards, better crash ratings, and the ability to prevent catastrophic crashes. Additionally, future vehicles will also feature systems to protect the driver in the event of an emergency. So, if you’re thinking of buying a new SUV in the next few years, then it’s definitely worth investing in a vehicle with SUVs in the space. After all, the future is going to be packed with SUVs!
- Better fuel consumption: As mentioned above, future vehicles are going to feature advanced crash protection systems, better fuel consumption rates, and better onboard diagnostics. The result is that these cars will offer an annual fuel rating of around 2400 mpg. This is way better than what most car manufacturers have in the marketplace today. Needless to say, this will ensure that SUVs rule the future.
- Better off-road performance: Ford Mustangs are already known for being great off-road machines. However, the new Ford Mustang will feature a sportier body style, revised suspension, a front grille that vents, a more aggressive look, a sportier ride, and a sportier estimated starting price. The result is that the new Mustangs will really give car buyers a good chance to own a ride that they can call their own. On the other hand, a hatchback like the hatchback Ford Escape will allow buyers to enjoy the off-road pleasure without leaving the comfort of their homes. It’s expected that the Ford Escape will sell like hotcakes when it makes its debut next spring.
- More creature comforts: Who needs a radio, a television, or even a personal computer when you can have air conditioning, power steering, and a huge selection of cell phones with wireless capability? When the new Ford Focus will make its debut in the market, it will most likely feature all of the previously mentioned features at least in the US. Expect it to be sold alongside a series of low-cost hatchbacks such as the Mazda 3 and Honda Civic. The new Ford Focus has the capacity to cross the $30k mark if it captures enough attention from buyers.
- Increased passenger space: Most of the new electric cars will feature a larger passenger capacity when compared to the existing models. This means that more people can travel comfortably in a vehicle, which will in turn reduce the overall traveling distance. In India, we expect the same thing to happen. We expect passenger space to increase at a very high rate due to the rising popularity of suv conversions in India.